XiploTeq Policy on Treatment and Protection of personal and financial data
1. Personal scope of application
- XiploTeq Policy on Treatment and Protection of personal and financial data applies to any Internet User who accesses the World Wide Websites of XiploTeq on www.XiploTeq.ch and www.XiploTeqgroup.ch (hereinafter generically referred to as « the XiploTeq Website »). The XiploTeq Website comprises all web pages and sub-web pages run by XiploTeq and which are recognisable as such.
- This Policy does not affect the validity of any agreements concluded between the Internet User and XiploTeq in regards to any specific services or products of XiploTeq. In the event of contradiction between the specific agreements and the present Policy, the specific agreements shall prevail.
- This Policy defines the principles governing the treatment and use of personal and financial data that the Internet User transmits to XiploTeq or via the XiploTeq Website. They also inform about the necessary precautions to secure the data protection.
- The XiploTeq Website may offer links to other websites that are not run or controlled by XiploTeq (hereinafter referred to as « third party websites »). This Policy solely applies to the XiploTeq Website. XiploTeq does not give any guarantee for the handling of third party websites in regard to the treatment and protection of data.
2. Materiel scope of application
3. Agreement by the Internet User
The Internet User expressly allows that XiploTeq collects, stores, and treats his data in compliance with the principles provided in this Policy.
4. Applicable legislation
The data of the Internet User, XiploTeq complies with the law, in particular with the Federal Act on Data Protection (SR Number 235.1), the Federal Act on Combating Money Laundering in the Financial Sector (SR Number 950.0), and their respective Ordinances.
5. Data transfer to the XiploTeq Website and cross-border data flow
- XiploTeq draws the Internet User’s attention to the fact that the Internet is not considered as a safe environment, insofar as unauthorised persons can access the transmitted data via the Internet. Thus, the information can be disclosed or changed, and it can also cause technical problems. The data that is transmitted via the Internet may cross borders even though the sender and the addressee are located in the same country. Thus, the data may pass through a country that offers a lower level of data protection than the country of residence of the Internet User.
- Further, XiploTeq declines all responsibility in regard to the security of any data transmitted by the Internet User via the Internet. XiploTeq re-emphasizes that any Internet User can, in the course of the Registration Procedure, send his data to XiploTeq by mail.
- In certain specific situations XiploTeq provides an encrypted communication of data (if the User is connected with his Purse for example). In such a case, the encrypting is expressly mentioned.
6. Type of data collected by XiploTeq and use of this data, including for promotional purposes
Every time the XiploTeq Website is visited or a XiploTeq Internet Service is used, XiploTeq may collect and store the following data:
- any information the Internet User submits when he registers for a XiploTeq Internet Service (personal, financial data and Service settings). The Internet User can verify this data at any time in his Electronic Purse, and he is obliged to proceed to the modification thereof;
- any data arising from the use of the XiploTeq Website and/or the XiploTeq Internet Services (for example information on the duration and frequency of the use of the Service, the web pages visited by the Internet Users, information on personal data and other information transmitted by the Internet Users arising from announcements or contests posted on the XiploTeq Website);
- any non-personal data related to the technical treatment of the use of the XiploTeq Website and/or the XiploTeq Internet Services (for example IP address);
- any information about the reaction of the Internet Users to any XiploTeq offer that is expressly submitted to them by e-mail, mail, or telephone.
XiploTeq does only collect, store, or treat data that is necessary for the compliance with its legal and contractual obligations, for the follow-up and development of the relationship with the Internet User, for the security of the XiploTeq Website, in particular the XiploTeq Electronic Payment Service, and to guarantee the quality of the provided Services and the invoicing.
XiploTeq formally commits itself not to use any cookies for collecting information about the computers of its Internet Users (spy ware) and not to display any advertisements when they are not connected to the Internet or when they surf outside the XiploTeq Website (ad ware).
7. Data security
- In the XiploTeq system any data of the Internet User is transmitted and stored in a protected environment (by firewalls for example). XiploTeq takes all necessary measures to protect the data from any unauthorised access, abuse and loss, and ensures that its employees can only take cognizance of the data that is necessary to execute their assigned tasks.
- Any data of an Internet User, including his e-mail address, are in no event transmitted, exchanged, or sold to third persons for promotional or economic purposes. XiploTeq discloses data of an Internet User to third persons only if legal motives oblige XiploTeq to do so.
- The data of the Internet Users may be stored in another country than their country of residence. In such a case, XiploTeq undertakes anything to ensure that this data benefits from a consequent protection and that any legal requirements are complied with.